Todays Teen Nutrition Talk 🤩🌱🧠💪
Is your child between the ages of 13 and 19 years old?
If you answered YES, this post is for YOU!
Zinc is one of the top 10 essential nutrients for teens!
Zinc is necessary for proper growth & organ development.
Zinc is also critical for optimal immune function.
Teen Boys- 11mg daily
Teen Girls- 9mg daily
Include more of these Zinc-Hearty Sources in your teens diet to ensure recommended amounts are reached.
- BEANS & LEGUMES: baked beans (2.9mg per serving), chickpeas (1.3mg per serving), kidney beans (0.9mg per serving), peas (0.5mg per serving)
- NUTS & SEEDS: pumpkin seeds (2.2mg per serving), cashews (1.6mg per serving), almonds (0.9mg per serving)
- WHOLE GRAINS: oatmeal (1.1mg per serving)
- FORTIFIED BREAKFAST CEREALS
- SEAFOOD- oysters provide the greatest amount of zinc (74mg per serving). Crab (6.5mg per serving) and lobster (3.4mg per serving) are also good sources of zinc. https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Zinc-Consumer/#h3